Saturday, February 8, 2014
Let Us Present
This week was all about presentations in MCOM 320. I learned how to effectively stand up in front of people and tell them what I know. I felt all of the knowledge I gained was common sense, but I did realize that although the keys to success in presenting are common sense, I will, do, and can commit the "sins" of presenting. A few of these "sins" are lack of or too much hand signing, filler words, and poor use of space. As I was listening to my teacher talk about the do's and don'ts of presenting I could see that she was using her techniques right in front of us. When she committed one of the "sins", she would notice it and change her behavior. I am going to adopt that same attitude in not only presenting but also life. I am going to be more aware of the things I am doing wrong and make plans to fix them. I believe the first step to correction is recognizing that you are wrong. If I start recognizing the things I am doing wrong, I will be taking the first step toward correction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The activities we did on presenting, like you said were fairly basic and I felt like I knew to avoid them, yet I found myself doing them. Throughout this week I saw myself in different situations examining they way I present myself when talking with friends, other professors or people at church. It is interesting to see a difference now that I am focusing on it, and I really think it will improve the more I think about it.
ReplyDeleteI think that David's comment is relevant to Casey's blog post.
ReplyDelete