Monday, March 17, 2014

WSB 5 Presentation

     This last week my team, the Fab Four, was able to present chapter five out of our textbook for MCOM 320.  For our first time presenting together, I thought we did a great job.  Overall, our best attribute in the presentation was our volume.  People commented on it multiple times.  Also, listening to the presentation after the fact, I could hear our booming voices.  This allows our audience to easily hear us and not get distracted in figuring out what we are trying to say.  One area we need to work on is our off the spotlight stances.  I felt like we were either statues or swaying trees in the wind.  I am not totally sure of the correct stance or posture to have while someone else is talking, but I think my team and I can learn and make that a better part of our presentation.

   Personally, I thought I did well in the presentation.  On goreact.com, I was able to watch myself.  This is always weird to watch and hear yourself.  One thing I can improve on is my hand gestures.  I used my hands, but a lot of the time I brought them into "home base."  I would clasp them in front of me.  I need to keep my hands moving and not distract the audience with my "home base."  Two things I did well are (1) I kept a good pace with my speaking and (2) I used my hands well when they were not at "home base."

No comments:

Post a Comment