Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Quiz Study

     Reading quizzes, in my opinion, are the hardest to study for.  Quizzes individually are worth only a few points but collectively can make or break your grade.  Consistently missing points can give you an "A-" instead of an "A".  In MCOM 320 today, I studied for my reading quiz, but not as in depth as I knew I should have.  I quickly skimmed the questions, and I didn't thoroughly study the questions that were relative to the quiz.  As I was studying for the quiz, I knew I was studying quickly.  During class, I only partially knew the answers, so I didn't get all the points I could have received.  This experience has taught me to take the time to completely study all preclass materials.  By doing this, I will learn the material better for more important tests, and I will score better on my quizzes so I won't fall short of my goal of an "A".  With this lesson, I will plan out enough time to completely study all preclass material.  If I plan enough time, I will do better in my classes and get the points I deserve.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't thrilled with my performance with previous quizzes so I learned to read the questions at the back of the chapter and look for the answers as I read. It also helped that our group was one of the presenters, so naturally we had to know our information quite well. I think reading the questions beforehand and spending a little more time studying the book will help, especially since Prof. Middleton said the final covers the entire book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the quizzes are sometimes harder than expected, especially when we have multiple chapters to study each week. I have found that basically you just have to memorize the questions in the back of each chapter to do well on the quizzes.

    ReplyDelete